ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam Summer Sale

DCi
yea i thought about AoEIII too but I thought I still have Hitman blood money from the last sale to play so maybe not ha

1eight2
Sorry if its been mentioned but I spotted the GTA complete collection for £9.99.

Brilliant price, doesn't have London packs though.

yea i thought about AoEIII too but I thought I still have Hitman blood money from the last sale to play so maybe not ha

I'm the same. I have no fuckin clue when I'm gonna find time to play all these games. I'm still playing BF3 and L4D2 regularly, I have mates hassling me to get DayZ and World of Tanks, Skyrim expansion is coming soon and now have have multiple games piling up in my Steam library... and I still can't stop myself buying them. I need help.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
World of Tanks is a very good game, whilst it's free to play you will need some gold to get by, but you just need enough to set you up with some ammo and the odd premium membership. Premium tanks are also pretty cool and once you've bought them you don't need to have a premium account to use them etc.

I have mates pestering me to play DayZ too, but it sounds s**t tbh.

Clio v6 255
Bought arkham city two weeks ago. Gutted its in the sale but to be honest it was well worth the 20quid I paid for it. I thought it was a big step IMO from arkham asylum which was epic! Well worth a buy for anyone that doesn't have it for under 7quid

Nissan 350z
World of Tanks is a very good game, whilst it's free to play you will need some gold to get by, but you just need enough to set you up with some ammo and the odd premium membership. Premium tanks are also pretty cool and once you've bought them you don't need to have a premium account to use them etc.

It's gone to s**t since the last 7.4 update unfortunately. Its a combination of the new game modes confusing all the tards, summer holidays for the kids andits becoming too popular for its own good and attracting all the 11yr old WoW kids who buy premium tanks with parents creditcards. 7 loss streaks is now common place :(

MechWarrior:Online seems to be the next WoT so to speak which is releasing next month.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Last MechWarrier I played was #3 !!! Many many moons ago. If it's anything like that or Chromehounds (Xbox title) it will be good.

In all fairness an individual doesn't have much influence in a 15 vs 15 match (tanks) so unless you're playing clan matches 7 loss streaks is just unlucky. Admitedly I haven't played it in a while though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
And on the topic of the Steam Sale: picked up Batman Arkham City and Borderlands the past couple of days. Played Borderlands for a few hours last night, it's not captured me like the first time I played it but I'm on Co-op with a buddy on his first playthrough and he's loving it, I think I maybe just over-played it at the time.

Also got a BF3 premium code from eBay for £29 which isn't SO bad considering I don't have B2K either. Here's to hoping the other DLC isn't garbage.

Got Dungeon Siege 1, 2 and 3 plus the expansion for 3 for a fiver.

Loved the first one back in the day and saw 3 going for £3.75 so thought I'd get it. But then spotted the whole pack for a quid more so thought why not. May as well work my way through 2 before giving 3 a go.

Nissan 350z
Last MechWarrier I played was #3 !!! Many many moons ago. If it's anything like that or Chromehounds (Xbox title) it will be good.

In all fairness an individual doesn't have much influence in a 15 vs 15 match (tanks) so unless you're playing clan matches 7 loss streaks is just unlucky. Admitedly I haven't played it in a while though.

Its all changed in 7.4 mate. Its not just kill the enemy team or cap the base, its now attack/deffend. Que everyone making a lemming train on one side, or the premium Tier8 heavies rushing when they should be deffending :(

MechWarrior Online is looking like it will be WoT with Mechs, theres some videos up online check it out.
[video=youtube_share;kmNRN-l-BJw]http://youtu.be/kmNRN-l-BJw[/video]

1eight2
GTA complete collection reduced for 4.99! Any way I can get it without being on steam? I'm away from home for 5 days...

F82 M4
GTA complete collection reduced for 4.99! Any way I can get it without being on steam? I'm away from home for 5 days...

You should be able to buy it through your internet browser. Just visit the steam store and login, it will add them to your account. (IIRC)

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
And on the topic of the Steam Sale: picked up Batman Arkham City and Borderlands the past couple of days. Played Borderlands for a few hours last night, it's not captured me like the first time I played it but I'm on Co-op with a buddy on his first playthrough and he's loving it, I think I maybe just over-played it at the time.

Also got a BF3 premium code from eBay for £29 which isn't SO bad considering I don't have B2K either. Here's to hoping the other DLC isn't garbage.

Friend and I played Borderlands for about 5 hours and arrived at the same conclusion. The combat is pretty good, guns are interesting, graphic style was awesome but after 5 hours we were sick of it. It's such a repetitive game. Same enemies, pretty much the same scenery and the same weapons over and over again. For us the story wasn't good enough to keep us going through the repetition. At least we only paid a few quid for it the last time it went on sale :)

Just bagged myself Torchlight and also went for Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition. Have wanted Dragon Age for so long just didn't want it enough to go for full price. It's 50% off atm and I thought why not. Also finally got Left 4 Dead 2. Felt like I couldn't call myself a proper PC gamer until I had it :p

F82 M4
How long is Arkham City on sale for? I don't get the internet 'till tomorrow at home (moved house) and it's blocked at work so I can't buy it yet. :(

1eight2
You should be able to buy it through your internet browser. Just visit the steam store and login, it will add them to your account. (IIRC)

It worked, thanks!

p.s I downloaded the Steam app but couldn't login. It says "The Steam mobile application is currently in a limted beta. If you have a beta key, please first activate the key in th e Steam client on your PC or Mac."

Last edited:
  1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Just nabbed the S.T.A.L.K.E.R bundle for a fiver. Just looks like a lot of fun and apparently you can get some really decent mods that improve the game play experience massively.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Friend and I played Borderlands for about 5 hours and arrived at the same conclusion. The combat is pretty good, guns are interesting, graphic style was awesome but after 5 hours we were sick of it. It's such a repetitive game. Same enemies, pretty much the same scenery and the same weapons over and over again. For us the story wasn't good enough to keep us going through the repetition. At least we only paid a few quid for it the last time it went on sale :)

Just bagged myself Torchlight and also went for Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition. Have wanted Dragon Age for so long just didn't want it enough to go for full price. It's 50% off atm and I thought why not. Also finally got Left 4 Dead 2. Felt like I couldn't call myself a proper PC gamer until I had it :p

I take it back, I restarted my game as the Siren (who I used on my original playthrough). Had my buddy who'd been playing without me join my game and race through the early crappy missions, I hit lvl 20 in about 50 minutes ha. It really hooked me again, maybe I'll have a go at Mad Moxie's arena DLC, it is a bit of a grind if I remember it right though.

Also picked up Fallout New Vegas without the content as I heard it's pap, might get FO3 aswell for nostalgia's sake.

Nothing at the mo :(
Good luck on Mad Moxxi. Its known to be one of the top 5 hardest DLC a game and the achievements are near impossible *I've got them though with a pal :p* Trust me.. its soo hard.. and 1 arena takes about 2-3 hours and you cant stop half way through lol

Nothing at the mo :(
It's not much as a grind, but its frigging near impossible

Me and a pal did it both at level 60 each and we had no chance

I had to make a level 10, invite his 60 so he would own em all just to we could finish it to egt achivos lol

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Haha excessive!

Deus Ex Human Revolution is on offer for 4.99. Brilliant game and well worth a play (let's face it nothing will ever live up to the 1st)

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Haha excessive!

Deus Ex Human Revolution is on offer for 4.99. Brilliant game and well worth a play (let's face it nothing will ever live up to the 1st)

Been looking at that, I have got a sealed copy for the 360 which I could shove on ebay.

I've ended up with...

Amnesia
Morrowind GOY
Oblivion GOY
Bioshock
Bio shock 2

Hopelessly addicted to Shogun 2 now. Great game. Some truly epic load times though. Some folks (OC'd top of the line i7 and SSD drive) are still reporting load times of a couple of minutes.

Also finally managed to get Armed Assault: Combined Ops for £15. Looking forward to some DayZ action (by "action" I mean me getting face-raped by some heavily armed kid for my tin of beans).