ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steamed up 197 Light

Hi Guys,

Picked up my 197 on the weekend, only noticed tonight that the one headlamp unit is all steamed up and condensation in it, other one is fine! any ideas?

Could be a dodgy seal and something your warranty should cover. Don't think you should be getting condensation in there though.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
put maskin tape over the front of your light and turn your main beam on then remove the plug thats at the bag of the headlight were you change the bulb . dont disconnect the bulb tho . the maskin tape traps the heat from the bulbs and makes it evaporate out of the back of the light unit .

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They do mist up sometimes, even think its mentioned in the handbook. Does disappear once the lamps are on.

Nope ive had the lamps on for hours in a night and still no luck. Ill try and get a picture to show you how bad it is... there isnt a drop off moisture in the other one, the passanger one though is full of condensation

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Might be worth removing the rear seal for a night, drive round with lights on etc. This should let the vapours escape, then refit

120d M-Sport
It should be covered, how can Renault sell cars with lights that get full of condensation lol, it must be the seal as already mentioned. Hope they replace the light for you :D

Conning Renault!

Phoned them up today... and they said I will need to bring it in... and they will look at it ... if they decide its not a manafacturers fault then I will stay have to pay them £82 for just looking at it!

Foook that!!

53 Clio's & counting
it might not be covered, i know iv had headlights rejected under warranty at work (VW) for condensation, pop in and ask for a technician to have a quick look with you, free diag FTW

PH1 172 Sport
I would pop in and get them to have a quick look. Most cars do it occasionally but it should dry out pretty quickly