ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SteBurns FCS Tracktime Vids

Swift Sport
All six of 'em! lol

First time at Rockingham so I started off steady to learn the track then gradually picked up the pace. Really enjoyed the track, there was a fair bit of traffic out there so decided the only way to get anywhere was to push past (making sure it was safe to do so!) Suprised how I did considering I had old Hankooks on the front and crappy Kumhos on the back. Thanks to Matt @ Stealthsport for sorting me out with the tracktime:)

[YOUTUBE]I8bG19PpJw4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_deylklppG8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5BvTozNqO_s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Ut59FD5OdLI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oF9UEiOR7ao[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vjbHPGddCs0[/YOUTUBE]

Was a 197
You are the SteeeG !!!!

Wot u think of the Hankook's mate, just had them on the front of mine, feel quite grippy, seem to turn in better than conti's to me too!!! And yes, i have push them a bit too!!!

Swift Sport
Argghhh I'm sure i'll be on one of these as I was on track with you - but youtube is blocked at work

Gutted - will have to wait till I get home tonight

I'm pretty sure there's a 172 Cup in at least one of those videos, haven't even watched them myself properly yet lol :eek:

16v AX
Yes mate it flew, I knew it was quick but I was still shocked at how it pulled!

with no front ARB too in that vid cos my drop links decided to dislocate(never seen that happen before!)
but i didnt know and the inner arches ripped the hell out the tyres :(

you certainly need some grippier tyres on that clio mate,can hear and see it understeering on the tighter corners,how did they fair up wearing wise though?
i bought 2 brand new toyo T1r's saturday and they did ok wear wise although they looked a mess with the gathered up rubber on them lol

I'm pretty sure there's a 172 Cup in at least one of those videos, haven't even watched them myself properly yet lol :eek:

Yeah I was in front of you on one of the sessions but you had more grip than me on the infield so I indicated and let you past

I had anthracite wheels and a PoT sticker in the back window ;)

Swift Sport
with no front ARB too in that vid cos my drop links decided to dislocate(never seen that happen before!)
but i didnt know and the inner arches ripped the hell out the tyres :(

you certainly need some grippier tyres on that clio mate,can hear and see it understeering on the tighter corners,how did they fair up wearing wise though?
i bought 2 brand new toyo T1r's saturday and they did ok wear wise although they looked a mess with the gathered up rubber on them lol

Tbf I wasn't expecting to spend half the day on track, so I was only running poor tyres (worn V12 EVO's on front Kumho Ku31's on the back).

The V12's are good tyres but I've tracked them a couple of times already and it's starting to show, I seem to get about three trackdays out of the fronts. The Kumhos are crap until you get some heat in them then they're okay, they don't wear well at all though. I need to get some 888's or similar and stop doing trackdays on road tyres. lol

I hear you on that!

I was expecting to only do one session - so didn't change anything on the cup

Ended up doing 3 sessions and the bridgestone potenza's on the front are s**t
Way too hard - the car was either understeering or wheel spinning - trying to find a balance in the middle was impossible lol

2118's for me next with 888's on

Swift Sport
Cheers dude, shame the videos never capture how hard you push. I felt like I drove on the limit when the track was clear. Enjoyed the blast with the Leon Cupra R, we were pretty even. I think I need to treat myself to some decent tyres!

Yeah I was just saying that to my mate

The cup looks quite planted on your video - but inside I was struggling to get power down without spinning the front wheels - and balancing a bit of lift off oversteer to compensate for the understeer

Videos always make it looks so slow lol

Swift Sport
What times were these sessions filmed? I'm desperate to find an image or footage of my IS on track...did you come past me when you were out at all?

Between 10:15am and 1:00pm mate, don't remember seeing you I'm afraid :(

got some pics of u on the track i toook ste.. not the best!! but i tried! ahhaha

Nice one, post them up in the FCS track pics section! :approve: