ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steel Braided Brake Hoses: Should I

hallo there...

have possibility of getting a set of steel braided brake hoses for my 1.4L my02 clio...set of 4 for front and back...

the question i have is, is it worth putting em in for basically normal on-road driving...not like a maniac...;)

it aint that cheap here in singapore so i need to figger out whether for road use with max speed of 110 kph...is it worth the money to get them?

please advise...thanks in advance...

They dont make a massive difference on the road. I have them on mine because they needed replacing and there isnt a massive differende in price. The pedal feels a little more solid and I have more confidence in the brakes, especially on the track, but if youre never gonna go over about 70mph and the price difference is big, i wouldnt bother.

How much are the for you compared to normal lines?

complete front and rears with bleeding and replacing of brake fluid will cost me singapore $300 which is around UKP110...is that expensive?

i am inclined not to go for it cos a bit skint but could still afford it if push comes to shove...cars only 1 year old though...

my driving patterns very normal...very seldom exceed 70 mph over here on the singaporean roads...

I think thats about what i paid, but i did get silicone brake fluid with that (which really helps out on the track).

If you do go for it, youre not gonna go "wow" the first time you try the brakes, the difference is really not that big until you really push it, but weigh it up between just getting the normal hoses, if youre paying for the labour and the fluid, will the price difference be that big?

am not actually gonna change to the normal hoses right now...the existing ones are only 1 year old so they should still be in good nick...

when should they be changed?

anyways, have decided against the braided hoses for time being...

thanks for all the advice...