ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering angle sensor issue

Clio 182 ff. evo x
Need help. Is it possible to take the steering angle sensor of. without the abs and traction control lights coming on. Cheers Roy.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
How do you mean "Take the steering angle sensor off", Perma remove?

Clio 182 ff. evo x
How do you mean "Take the steering angle sensor off", Perma remove?
Cheers for the reply. I want to remove permanently but when unplugged the abs light and traction control light stay on. Can this be resolved.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
No then - The ABS module requires the SAS Signal to be able to do its job.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
No, I mean the entire ABS setup from a non-ESP ph2 172. All 182's have ESP as do most Ph2 172's

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
No - The "SAS" is an input device for the ESP equipped ABS modules which allows it to run the extended ABS ESP program.

edwarj123

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ok so I have an 04 182 and I have the esp, abs and Serv lights on, a basic vag is reporting an angle sensor fault.

I took the wheel off and I don't see what I expected to be ythe angle sensor but I just have the unit that the airbag leads come out of and the stalks are attached to.

I went to a breakers and took the wheels off a 172 and a couple of non sports and it looked the same as mine - the bloke I bought it from said he'd replaced the angle sensor - do you think I'm just missing it then and the others I looked at didn't have esp? If I get one it will just fit right in?
Thanks for your help

edwarj123

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Got a photo?
ll
Well this isn't mine but it looks the same as this, ignore the arrow

cid:B6C573A6-EB3E-41EB-BCAB-89DFB72B2DFE