ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering 'clunking' noise? WTF?

'02 MG TF160
Okay, so over the last couple of days my steering has developed a 'clunk' when you turn the wheel when stationary, left to right.

You can also feel a 'jump' when you turn onto full lock in reverse/1st as you move off, as if something isn't right with the front sus.

I can't get under the car to have a look until friday, so does anyone know if this is something common?

It feels as if maybe something has come loose, maybe an anti roll bar link/bush.

I'm using the other half's car til friday as i just don't trust it!

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
all clios do it, got told it was the strut tops knocking, you can use washers to space it but its not worth it

'02 Monaco Blue 172
check the top gearbox mount, under the battery, a common fault to come loose and create a knock when pullin away, mine had done this, really easy to fix with a good tighten and some threadlock!

'02 MG TF160
Anyone live near Wickford that fancies coming round and having a look? I've got decent mechanical nous, but if there's someone near who knows Clios inside out and would be able to diagnose instantly it'd be a real help.

I've not had it too long, and haven't had to work on it yet!

There'll be a 6-pack of your favourite beer in it for you.... ;)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
So those spacers in the attached thread, Where do I go about getting some from, I've noticed mine Clunks n Knocks every now and then, I was worried it was a Ball Joint as I've already managed to break 1 of those,

Andy