ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering feeling light and abit loose

182 cup RB
Hello my cup seems to have a dead loose feeling spot in the steering. I have been reading through the steering problem threads and they seem to all say get track rod ends done and tracking, I have just had them done and the problem is still there. Has anyone eles had this problem of so what was the solution?

Im bumping this thread as I think its the same problem as me, just put new hubs on with new ball joints, not long replaced inner track rods and checked for play in outers.

Its a sort of loose feeling when the steering is centred... strange as the car accelerates in a straight line, I do however notice when steering hard left/right the wheel sort of wants to stay locked in that direction - as if the tyre is getting "pinched" into that direction (doesn't really make sense!)

182 cup RB
Sounds like you have to same problem as i did! Mine was a U clamp on the steering rack took mine to JMS sorted it in about 30mins.

Megane RS 250
Dubdub did they change it or what fix was needed? I have the same problem, steering tend to stay in the direction of the last corner.
I also like a picture of the steering bushes/U clamp (should be the same?)

The Renault dealer suggested to put some sand paper between the bush and the rack...is he mad?!

182 cup RB
It was just tightened up. Its a U clamp on a flat part of the steering rack to keep it aligned. Haven't got any pictures sorry! I would say he is a bit mad and don't go back to him!

You say steering stays the same direction as the last corner but its only at near stationary speeds, pulling out of junctions at near or full lock...

Megane RS 250
Only on tight bends, roundabouts too sometimes, it depends how much load you put on the suspensions I think. Driving slowly it doesn't happen.