ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering feels lazy...

Range Rover Sport
I'll try to describe as best as possible.

It may just be me so please bear with me.

If I turn into a corner the steering wheel will be at 4 o'clock but the wheels may only be at 2 o'clock.

Before our day at Oulton the steering seemed to be a little more responsive.

Any suggestions?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Check the steering rack bushes to see if there's any movement in them. Also check the steering arms for any play mate. Hold the wheel @ 3-9 and shake it. If there's play, you'll feel it.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
due to the space there, total ballache I reckon. they are a pain on the mk1 and theres more space on them

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
its getting spanner onto the bolts more than anything to slacken the rack mounts off from the subframe. inner arms again it just depends, if they are murder tight it'll be a fight!

Range Rover Sport
Edit: I've already swapped the passenger side 'arm'. This mean it most likely the drivers side or problem else where?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Edit: I've already swapped the passenger side 'arm'. This mean it most likely the drivers side or problem else where?
So I'm assuming you checked the drivers side wheel then yeah? Also, changing the steering rack bushes is a pita if you've not got access to a ramp.
You'll need your tracking resetting after this work has been carried out as well mate.

Range Rover Sport
So I'm assuming you checked the drivers side wheel then yeah? Also, changing the steering rack bushes is a pita if you've not got access to a ramp.
You'll need your tracking resetting after this work has been carried out as well mate.

Well that's just perfect lol.

Just waiting for Fred@BTM to call me back to arrange to get what ever it is needs doing.

Lionel Richie
can you call me, my phone isn't letting me call out (the old samsung mobile is definatley on its last legs now!)