ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering not right! help

clio mk3
Hi there to anyone that can help, basically a few weeks i lost it in the ice and hit a curb side ways on my front left wheel, i took a big old chunk out of my wheel, the steering wheels started to wobble past fifty, so i went and got the wheels balanced, that didnt solve it so a few days ago i got them tracked, that has actually made the problem worse and now it happens at about 30, and today i noticed i have rreeaalllyyy bad uneven tyre wear on the front two on the inner edge, does anyone know what it might be, somebody has suggested maybe it has jolted the steering rack but i dont wanna spend big money if it wont solve the problem, its a mk3 1.6 vvt, if anyone can help would be much appreciated
Cheers JC

clio mk3
not jacked it up to have a look yet, just wanted to know if any one has had the same problems, and suggestions really, need to get it sorted asap mate

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Well those would be the things to check, something's obviously bent when you hit the curb,
the only way you'll know is to get it on a lift and have a look.

clio mk3
i have jacked it up tonight, changed front wheels to the back, tyre really warn on the inside edge so swapped them over, had the wheels tracked aswel the other day, no wobble fingers crossed until about 80 odd but tthat might just be the road so i think im just going to get two new tyres i think, maybe problem solved