ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STEERING PUMP?

182 cup
I've had a tapping rattling noise when idling coming from left of engine bay since belt service. Garage have stripped it and say that it's a bearing in the steering pump (hence nothing to do with belt service) but I've had a couple of other people look at it who aren't sure about this explanation.

Does this sound likely? Anyone had a similar issue with the pump? Cheers.

182 cup
Both aux and timing belts done also water pump. Will hopefully know tomorrow now, primary suspect is a non-renault water pump.

Cupped 182 FF
Yep when i turn my steering wheel right to left my PS pump makes LOTS of noise! Literally sounds like the hydrolics (sp) on a JCB.... Does this mean its on its way out?

182 cup
Found out today this "IDIOT GARAGE Ashby Clio" made a total mess of my engine and the noise was coming from an incorrectly tensionned cambelt. This on top of an incorrectly adjusted aux belt with no aux kit and a non renault water pump. Steering pump is fine though.

As above just to clarify the cambelt tensioner was incorrectly fitted causing the irregular rattling, and the aux belt was not seated properly (outer edge hanging off the edge of the pulley).