ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Rack Replacement , How Much???

Clio 172
How much would your average garage charge to do a steering rack replacement job, Is it time consuming on these cars ? , Can anyone shine a light ?

Clio 172
Can anyone help on this one got a quote from a mechanic that does work from home a lot cheaper so he says an will replace my steering rack for £160 is that a fair price a friend thinks I'm being ripped off ?

182 ff
I had mine done at Renault last year... you don't get a new one but a recon one.. you part exchange your old one.... ill look throw my paper work now... you get 2 track rods ends with it too.

182 ff
£161 plus vat and your fluid.... try to put wd 40 on the pas pipe before it goes in(if you can get at it) mine was rushed on.. they had to saw it off.

Clio 172
So for a bloke who does work "Cheaper" and on the side he is ripping me off when it could be done by renault

CursedTitanium 182FF
Fred @ BTM has given me a ruff quote of about £4-500 to replace the rack, so, the price of £160 is very good, providing they do it right. Whilst it's off, you may as well do the rack bushes & possibly the ARB bushes.