ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Rack....?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi There

My Rack needs changing. Grinding and the pump is crying to.

My question is.

1. Is it a not to bad driveway job.
2. Or a subframe off pain in the arse job.

If so I'll take it to Birchdown.

Cheers

Si

Someone must know. Can it be done without having to drop the subframe...?

I'm changing the rack mounts anyway. And seeing as the rack is getting noisy thought I might change the lot. As Renault a doing the offer on the whole lot.

Cup In bits
It is possible to do in place like most things, personally I wouldn't suggest it on a driveway tbh, racks are easier done on a ramp.

Theres 4 main bolts for subframe, 8 small bolts to remove from strengthening pieces, cable tie up the radiator, unbolt the column and then undo your top caps on suspension and you should have the subframe on the floor. You might have some pas pipes to play with too, depends how you do it.

Cheers chaps..

Right I'll stick some new rack bushes on her. Then I'll arrange a trip to Birchdown for a new rack.

Thanks for you input...

Si

Cup In bits
No point tbh mate if your getting the rack done, save yourself the job and get Birchdown to do the bushes at the same time or it will come with mounts if its genuine Renault rack.