ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering squib alignment help 🤔

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I have a squib here and its different to my other which goes blue or yellow in the window.

Is this set correctly 🤔
20220925_185531.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I will check my red trackcar then. Maybe that has one on. Is yellow mean is in the correct position ?

Yeah the yellow dot and the fact that the slots are horizontal at the 9 and 3 o'clock position.

The squib with the wires sits so the wires are at the top at the 12 o'clock position, but not sure which way yours has turned.

Need to make sure your steering column is straight as well, I can't tell from your picture. There should be a small notch to denote the top.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah the yellow dot and the fact that the slots are horizontal at the 9 and 3 o'clock position.

The squib with the wires sits so the wires are at the top at the 12 o'clock position, but not sure which way yours has turned.

Need to make sure your steering column is straight as well, I can't tell from your picture. There should be a small notch to denote the top.
Will double check tommorow as i have put the epas column on so will see if the notch is at the top

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
It will make everything easier if it's all lined up, saves having to mess about tweaking it if something is out of alignment.
Does it need calibration with clip once fitted it ? I removed the steering angle sensor from my red car with the butchered airbag connectors removed.