ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel boss - is this correct??

NTG999

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Hi, checking out my recently purchased 172 Cup, bought it with Sabelt steering wheel. No horn so removed steering wheel and found red and black cables cut off - you can just see them in photo 3, shorted the red and black, still no horn, cleaned terminals at horn and retested and horn now works. Purchased an earlier stalk with horn push as per Cliosport Forum and fitted - all working. Membership fee worth every penny!!
Now the issue, reassembling the boss I noticed it doesn't seat well, examining it the steering column has a key (photo 3) but the splines on the boss do not, it looks like it has been forced on which has flattened the splines (photo 1)
Is this a Sabelt boss? Anyone know if I can buy a compatible boss with a key that will fit the Sabelt?