ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel hub

hello! I think hub would be the right word, maybe! But anyways, I was fitting a 172 steering wheel into my non sport, and I took my original wheel off and maybe pulled a little too hard and within the pull behind my wheel it was followed by these white wires that were twirled/wrapped around the inside? It's hard to explain. But anyways, I put it all back in as neatly as possible and then continued to fit my sport steering wheel. But once fitted, now every time I go turn (Left mainly) I can hear the wires like clicking or making a clicking sound as if the wires are maybe hitting agaist something... This is probably a long shot, I was just wondering if anyone has had this before? I think I might need to take the wheel off again at somepoint and just maybe see if the wires are sat properly. (might of answered my own question!) But if anyone has had this, what did you do?

cheers :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
youve killed your squib! that unit does all the electics to your steering wheel, youre shorting wires out when turning hence why the horn is going off!!

seeing as its already borken, id pull as much as i can out electrical tape over whats left to keep it out the the way. but youll need a new one as then your horn wont work which is an MOT fail, it possibly carries the wires to your airbag to so please be very careful when working on it!

long term solution is go and get a new stalk set up! as that white tape shouldnt come out of the unit at all! it should be tucked in nicely!

youve killed your squib! that unit does all the electics to your steering wheel, youre shorting wires out when turning hence why the horn is going off!!

seeing as its already borken, id pull as much as i can out electrical tape over whats left to keep it out the the way. but youll need a new one as then your horn wont work which is an MOT fail, it possibly carries the wires to your airbag to so please be very careful when working on it!

long term solution is go and get a new stalk set up! as that white tape shouldnt come out of the unit at all! it should be tucked in nicely!

oh bo**ocks!! and yeah I tried to put it back to what it was, but don't think that worked too well. What do i haved to do? Take out the wires? :eek:

Here is my situation, only to find out it's got alot worse.

005vsl.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-08-20
006bkg.jpg

008jag.jpg