ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel radio controls..

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Well i have a sony xploid cd player, so obviously not standard so the controls dont work.. how can i make them work etc? Obviously wire them up but is it easy, where to etc etc

You need to buy stalk adaptors.
Most of them require two parts, the command module thing, then the Sony patch lead.
There is a guy on here called MT AUDIO. PM him and he should be able to sort you out.
Failing that search on the internet on audio sites. Then should just be plug and play.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
thanks mate, im gonna be buying a ripsspeed dvd headnit.. ive seen the stalk adaptors on ebay and google but i cant find one which adapts for a ripspeed? :s But yeah thanks for the name, ill pm him :)

You can't buy stalk adaptors for Ripspeed headunit, as they are a Halfords own brand essentially.

Manufacturers like Autoleads/Connects 2 will do most major aftermarket brands like Sony, Pioneer, JVC etc.

Oh and don't bother with the Ripspeed unit anyway. Honestly just don't! Its tacky, most likely will go wrong within a couple of months, and is just generally awful. lol.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
But its a dvd headunit for like £80, dunno if i can say no as ive always wanted one xD lol

sport 172
i paid 250 for dvd headunit and its the worst thing i have ever brought.i took it out after week and sold it for 30 quid.that was from ebay.

Ah guessing your not going for the pikey motorised screen one then, your going for the standard din sized one?

It'll stick out very far on the Clio's centre console, will look pap lol.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
fo2cmw.gif

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
anyone got any reviews for them? They retail at £250, my mate paid £160 in the sale and its pretty much new still, so £80 seems a good deal. what makes them so hard to fit?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
and just gonna ask in this thread.. how come it says there has been no posts in any for sale/wanted sections? What do i have to do to be able to see the stuff?

10 Clio MK3
i used to have that exact one in the picture, no stalk controls...., no divx support, no video in.. the eject screen button broke within 8 months! Fitting it was a massive pain in the arse, it hangs out and the protection cover hangs out even more! you can buy my broken one for £30 and get the button fixed from halfords. I think that would cost less than £80 all together... pm me if you want if not be aware that there not amazing i now have a pioneer, no screen it looks much neater

10 Clio MK3
Wasnt so hard it just has allot of wires at the back two video outs sub outs speaker outs all having their own seperate connections, my tuner also didnt sound too good and it had a big fan to cool it all down it sits out the dash so the screen can pop in and out. DivX is a video format .avi i think video in so you can play your xbox or ps in the car haha.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
oh right, not too bothered about playing my xbox in the car anyway :L COD on a 7'' screen wouldnt be too good!

sport 172
cant never see the screen as the sun always on it.like i said i paid 250 for mine and sold it for 30.there is a reason why they are cheap.But if thats what u want then fair enough.Hope you like it

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
whats autoleads? And thats pretty silly that you have to pay to see forsale, should be like minimum of 100 posts etc, dont have to on saxperience :(

Autoleads is a brand who manufacture wiring harness' / stalk controls.
Connects2 are another brand who do similar.

Trust, there are many benefits from being a paid member! Plus the fact you have to be a proper member to see the marketplace section, in theory keeps any would be scammers out.
I've purchased many things from the for sale section on here, as have I sold things.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hmm, i may join in the near future - Thanks for the info pal, gonna be fitting my sub and amp tonight hopefully :) are tweeters pointless without crossovers? As i have door speakers and tweets without any crossovers :s

What replacement ones or are you referring to your standard ones?
If they are a set of components speakers, Yeaa defeats the point of them being component speakers really.
Because the crossover would filter the low end sound to the woofers, and the high end sound to the tweeters, which is what they're designed to do.
You could always put a resistor inline for the tweeters. But I've no idea which one or how I'm afraid.

Clio 1.2+ Laguna 2.0
paying for cliosport membership is the best investment ive made all year! CS membership for 12 quid a year! FTW