ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Refurb

The common problem of the melting steering wheel which goes really weird and now its so bad its almost sticky even after a proper clean. Ive heard people sanding it down which brings it back to life (sort of), has anyone done this or got any advice?

hi, sorry to hijack. Im new to the forum and looking to buy a 182. Quite a few have the steering wheel problem. How much is a refurb on average? Can anyone recommend anyone in the north west?

MINI FJCW
There's a chap on here who does them, although I've forgotten his name. Just send him the steering wheel and he does it pretty quick.

Real quality and can do different colour stitching and a centre line like on the 197/200s.

why are clio steering wheels are made of cheese!?

will take a look around for a replacement if a retrim is that much

330 Ci
I'd recommend Arran on here for a steering wheel re-trim.

Mine cost £150 and was worth EVERY PENNY - he gets an ex Bentley upholsterer to do them and the quality speaks for its-self

Check it :>

P1060268.jpg

I'd previously had another wheel re-trimmed by a guy offering his services on here for £95 and the quality was really, really bad

RS Clio 182
I'm interested in this as well. I've just bought a 182 (for the second time) and the wheel is in a state.
The rubber thumb grips are ruined as well. Does Arran deal with those too? How do I contact him?

Cheers,

Al.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I met a chap from Chester that refurbs steering wheels when we went to a show and shine day in wrexham recently. He quoted me £120 to do mine and he will come to the house and remove the wheel from the car and return it a few days later. I've not got the leaflet on me at the moment but when I find it I'll post the details up.

Clio
The guy that did arrans wheels is

Snappy gaiters
01270 580730
16 Crewe Green Avenue
Haslington
Crewe
Cheshire
CW1 5NT

Got mine done by him and it's a top job. Quick too.