ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel shaking..normal??

Lots of Alfas
I hit a pothole at speed just before xmas and buckled my drivers front wheel. The steering wheel shook badly above 45mph as expected. Ive changed the wheel now and had both fronts re-balanced. Also got the tracking checked which was spot on. Now above 65mph the steering wheel still wobbles but only very slightly, its very steady and doesnt seem to get worse going upto 100mph (on track) but its still there. Is this normal??? Im sure it didnt do it before but most other cars ive driven the wheel does wobble slightly at high speeds??

Mondeo TDCI 130
99% of wheel wobble issues are balancing issues, can you drive through it? usually if they wobble at 60, if you do 70 they improve, if thats the case its definately a balancing issue!!

No way either of the wheels are still damaged? the one you didn't replace?

Clio Sport '02
check you cv joint boot, It may be broken loose all the grease and that may cause the wooble. That happend to me, in my case as I accelerate hard the problem would be there between 80k/hr to 120 k/hr