ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel

RenaultSport 182
Since I bought my Clio182 two weeks ago I've had this problem. Well, I think its a problem. and I've had it twice back to the dealer who have checked it out and say there is no problem.

In every car that I've had/driven I've never noticed this problem before.

Conditions: Flat surface, no camber in the road.

When I have my steering wheel in the position which I consider normal. My car drifts to the left, very noticably.(BELOW - This poisition drifts left).

CIMG0699.JPG

If I want to go in a striaght line, i have to turn the wheel slightly to the right. (BELOW - This position goes bang on straight forward).
CIMG0698.JPG

Can anyone put me right? Is this the way its meant to be? Have I just been oblivious to this in previous cars?

Clio f7r Trackcar
should be straight.

sounds like the track rod ends need adjusting. not a difficult job for a garage. im surprised they didnt spot that and sort it for you.

Best place is a back street garage who know what there doing no need in Lazer tracking etc even race teams don't need them.

£30 or so to get the tracking checked and adjusted.

RenaultSport 182
Best place is a back street garage who know what there doing no need in Lazer tracking etc even race teams don't need them.

£30 or so to get the tracking checked and adjusted.

Thats my next move I think now. I only took it to the dealer as its under warrenty, but I can't be arsed with the hassle any more. :(