ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel

Audi
Finally changed the steering wheel to something decent.
Thanks to Ady for the decals and massive thanks to Jenic for the advice.
Much much better than before.

Alex
IMG_1805.jpg
IMG_1807.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Me and Jenic had some issues with getting the 200 wheel to fit. Did you have any of these issues - I'm sure he went through these with you. Is it evident if the 197 and 200 wheels are different?

Audi
Me and Jenic had some issues with getting the 200 wheel to fit. Did you have any of these issues - I'm sure he went through these with you. Is it evident if the 197 and 200 wheels are different?

Jamie,

It did feel a bit tight when it was fitted but it was the column trims causing this. I removed them and tried pushing them back a bit, away from the wheel when i refitted them. Made it much better but it still doesn't feel as light as when the original wheel was on it. To be honest, it actually feels like it has a more positive feeling to it. Doesn't feel like a binding problem just feels a bit heavier.

I was planning to have a look at both wheels to try and find out the differences next week but i am having to return to work so this will have to wait.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Jamie,

It did feel a bit tight when it was fitted but it was the column trims causing this. I removed them and tried pushing them back a bit, away from the wheel when i refitted them. Made it much better but it still doesn't feel as light as when the original wheel was on it. To be honest, it actually feels like it has a more positive feeling to it. Doesn't feel like a binding problem just feels a bit heavier.

I was planning to have a look at both wheels to try and find out the differences next week but i am having to return to work so this will have to wait.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Thanks for the feedback. Any thoughts on this Jenic.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the feedback. Any thoughts on this Jenic.
Just that the wheels must be different, that or me and you are inept :rasp:

Alex, can you pm me next time you take the wheel off as i wouldn't mind getting a few dimensions so I know how to cut mine (if it is different).