ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheels, horns & MOTs

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Just need a question answered.

How do people with aftermarket steering wheels pass MOTs?

I thought you needed a working horn and all the ones i've seen fitted
to peoples cars don't have one?

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Most aftermarket steering wheels have a horn button on them, usualy its the center part of the wheel where the wheel makers logo is. I'm not good on MOT rules etc but im about 99% sure that you need a horn on your car somewhere

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Ok cool, i'm just a bit sick of having fcuked thumb grips and was thinking about a new wheel
and just wanted to know what the score was.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
No horn is a fail, simple as that
Ive got a aftermarket steering wheel and payed £10 at an auto electricians to wire the horn up for me, took them 2 mins

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I've got an indicator stalk out of a ph1, it has the horn button on the end.

Was it a straight fit?

I mean, did you have to chop of the wires?

I am old school renault driver (been driving renaults for the past 20 years) and always my horn used to be on the indicator stalk. My new clio has it on the steering wheel.

My 2000 reg laguna has both and i was wondering if changing the stalks would be a straight fit or i needed to fiddle with the wiring.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
can someone please take a picture of the ph1 indicator stalk with the horn?

My car is in Greece and i dan't remember how it looked like.