ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering

Clio 1.4 16v
I have been reading through previous threads and i seem to have the same problem as this guy.

any one know what the knocking/clicking noise is when i turn sharply to the right, i can feel it through the wheel too? :(
no need for grinding of the top mount , i had the same problem ,loud knock/bang when turning right on full lock ,,, remove the top mount with a long reach socket put some copper grease on the bit you have removed and re-fit . that sorted mine out no problems .
hope this helps mate

does anyone know what it is for defo yet because in his pos there was a few different views. also will the copper grease trick work? :approve: :D

thanks you

clio 182 black /gold
It is strut tops. Mine has been adjust 4 times and replaced once. It is ok for a few days then it goes again. There rubbish at sorting it out.

The problem is the strut top catching you can grind it asway as per Renault do or get the 255 V6 CLio from setup which fixes the problem (its expensive) or anything to stop the rubbing.