ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering???

RS Clio 172 Cup
Hey people,

I have a 2000 Mk1 PH2 Clio 172..... About a month ago i had a new gearbox, clutch, flywheel and drive shafts fitted. Anyway since i've had it back, just hasn't felt the same. When driving to work yesterday i noticed that the steering became abit stiffer than usual. It just feels stiffer, but for some reason feels like there is a bit of play within the wheels. Once i got to work, i shook both front wheels side to side and top to bottom and noticed there is slight play. One of front tyres need replacing (between 1.6mm-2.0mm) soon, and the other is about 3mm... I'm hoping to replace these this weekend, but i don't think this is the problem. The tyre pressures are fine as i checked them on Tuesday. Prower steering fluid on Max. Springs and shocks look ok. Just think its summat to do with the steering mechanism as its slightly more stiffer than yesterday.

Anyone have any idea's???

Cheers, Mark