ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Step by step engine modifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step by step engine modifications.

What would be your next engine modifications to increase Torque and BHP if it had Stg 1 breathing mods, airfilter and exhaust fitted.

Lee

Listerine & Poledo
Stage 2.5 MepalTec package:-

CS Bucket mod
Removal of rev limit
removal of catalyst, centre section and back box
eBay power-boost chip

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol, I think people are hinting you might want to try a search as it gets asked all the time.

Different inlet (ITBs or RS2 for example) are popular choices that work well.
Hotter cams are well worth doing.
Forced induction is going to give best results though as with any N/A engine really.

Listerine & Poledo
Dyson intake FTW.

the extra alternator drag is more than offset by the ram-air effect if IIRC correctly

Thanks Chip I know was hoping for some sensible answers iam on my 3rd clio now (will be by the weekend hopefully anyway) Ive had M3's evo's and scoobys but still love the clios don’t really have time to read thousands of different threads on differnt forums was hoping for some decent replies seeing how much time people have on here!!!!!!!!!!!! Turbo isnt an option.

Site would be very boaring if you cant ask questions!

“engine modifications” Have you actual tried that, plenty of crap to fillter before you find any decent info!

No set budget really, money isnt the issue its choosing the right mods ££ must make a decent difference. So its stays sensible say 1K-1.5

Iam already thinking RS tuner, cams n pulleys, but know vey little about the RS2 etc.

Engine must stay externally standard looking, no throttle bodies/turbos etc.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Thanks Chip I know was hoping for some sensible answers iam on my 3rd clio now (will be by the weekend hopefully anyway) Ive had M3's evo's and scoobys but still love the clios don’t really have time to read thousands of different threads on differnt forums was hoping for some decent replies seeing how much time people have on here!!!!!!!!!!!

So you're basically saying you are willing to piss away a load of money on your car without doing the proper research?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No set budget really, money isnt the issue its choosing the right mods ££ must make a decent difference. So its stays sensible say 1K-1.5

Iam already thinking RS tuner, cams n pulleys, but know vey little about the RS2 etc.

Engine must stay externally standard looking, no throttle bodies/turbos etc.

If you want it to stay looking standard, its a no-brainer really, set of hot cams and a remap, job done.

Site would be very boaring if you cant ask questions!

“engine modifications” Have you actual tried that, plenty of crap to fillter before you find any decent info!

Its also very boring with people asking the same questions day in day out!!

As said by chip cams and remap but for the sake of what 15bhp not worth it imo for the cost of doing it!

Listerine & Poledo
Still concerned about why add mods must be stealth.

OP, I'm presuming you intend to declare all these sik modz on your insurance?

172/1.2/E30
If money isn't a problem and stealthy looks are required, i'd go for a forged/hi-comp bottom end, fully reworked cylinder head and inlets, hot cams, exhaust and airbox. Say byebye to 4 grand at least, say hello to 200-210bhp.

If money isn't a problem and stealthy looks are required, i'd go for a forged/hi-comp bottom end, fully reworked cylinder head and inlets, hot cams, exhaust and airbox. Say byebye to 4 grand at least, say hello to 200-210bhp.

Wouldnt bother with the RS2. Ktec 438's leave the RS2 dead in the water.

Thanks some decent info to get "searching" now.

If you want decent power gains, and forced induction isn't an option you have bought the wrong car.

Really?

Sunflower Ph1 172
RS engine is already a relatively highly tuned engine out of the box. There isn't much you can do without spending big money to see reasonable returns.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Do some research FFS. Why should we link you to everything and tell you exactly what to do. If you had done some research maybe you would have learned that you can't get massive gains form these engines without spending more than the car is worth.

320d
I'd go for BTM's new GT Cams, when mapped your talking over 190bhp. Soon as I get some disposable income its the first place I'm going.

Status
Not open for further replies.