ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo cutting out Help!

When cars doing anything upto 30mph, or ticking over and the stereos anything over half volume the system cuts in and out as if theres not enough power. Got voltage from batt etc checked, fine. Bought a power cap to help the battery, that charges up etc, but the problem still occurs even with low bass set-up on the headunit and the amps.

System is Sony head unit, 2x440w amps, one driving infinity 6x9s, other driving infinity 13.5s in the doors. Got an inline fuse splitting power between amps after powercap, and one inline fuse straight off the battery.

Just had new atlernator and thats charging fine to.

Anyone got any ideas? Coz its getting on my nerves, and doing my head in.

Skoda Fabia vRS

have you had the amps tested on your battery mate ?

go to your local Motor World they will do it for free for ya...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

mine does the same fella! it goes pretty loud, but any more and it cuts out. sometimes the headunit doesnt come back on untill the ignition has been of for a while, then all the settings have reset!

i havent got the prob of it turning off, it just cuts in and out as if youve got really bad mobile reception

it could be a dodgy earth link, or speaker cables touching bodywork or each other - have you tried disonnecting all bar 1 speaker and the turning it up, then repeating on all speakers - as there may be a split cable and at low vol there may not be enough power going through it to short it ect.

although if an amp is only running 1 speaker then it woulnt overheat - so doesnt rule that out

Do both amps cut out?? are they off the same RCA - as it could be a dodgy RCA?

are there lights on the amp dispaying if music is going into it or if its in protection?

Are there any speakers running off the HU? if not what have you done with the wires comming from the HU that would have run speakers being played off HU - as these may be shorting putting HU into a protection mode

Rorrie, never thought of testing each spker, try that 2moz, earths ok, checked them.

No spkers off HU, running through phono cables to amps

so the cables that would have been used to run speakers of HUs internal amp have been cut? and they have all been covered with electrical tape