ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steve Jobs on medical leave again

Citroen DS3 DSport
Apple CEO Steve Jobs today sent the following email to all Apple employees:

Team,

At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple's day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.

Steve

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I hear Tom's flying over to see him personally.

More to the point i'm guessing he won't be doing the big unveilings?

There won't be anything big (iPad) until March/April anyway. Then the iPhone at WWDC.

He'll be back for those I expect.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I get all excited about Apple stuff these days thanks to the wh0res on here!

Possibly the secretiveness of it all helps.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Brave venturing into a section that i roam.

Anyway, get well soon Steve.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm gutted as my apple shares will take a hit... lucky it is only on my fantasy portfolio.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Apple CEO Steve Jobs today sent the following email to all Apple employees:

Team,

At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple's day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.

Steve

you posted this pretty quickly... did Steve email you personally as well? ;)

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
lol... im just sayin, he only sent the email under an hour before you posted this on here...

DCi
apparently...

he had a liver transplant in 2009 - which apparently leads to a weak immune system - which has caused this new bout of ill health.

just passing on what i have read so dont shoot the messenger...!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
apparently...

he had a liver transplant in 2009 - which apparently leads to a weak immune system - which has caused this new bout of ill health.

just passing on what i have read so dont shoot the messenger...!

nah, i read that too... i'm hoping he comes back soon... good time to buy shares now tho... :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
He has pancreatic cancer. Had it for a few years now according to reports.

It's affecting his health again if reports are to be believed.