ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticker :o(

I found this morning that cold weather, cliosport stickers, and ice scrapers dont mix! I was masterfully edging round my external sticker when i nicked the corner, resulting in a huge chunk falling off. Im now a member of cliospo

catchy?

Funds for the new sticker gratefully recieved

Skoda Fabia vRS

my end w on www. is now coming off, the rest of its been fine tho

anyone know if de-icer has an effect on the glue cos i dont wanna use it if it does, but i could do with seein out the back

Clio v6

Some older types of diecer contain ethelene and some methelene ? ( spelling )

Alcohol and petrol basically. These are great for removing stickers on windows.

More recent deicers contain calcium chloride ( a type of salt ) This has to turn into salt brine before it is useful, but this stains leather, clothing, car seats etc.. so use gently in case of splash backs.

Skoda Fabia vRS

dash the Holts de-icer my mums just brought home contains propanol, u got any idea what effect that will have

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

**************top tip*************

use the inside stickers

**********end of top tip***********

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 06 January 2003

dash the Holts de-icer my mums just brought home contains propanol, u got any idea what effect that will have
propanol = iso-propyl alcohol

FLAMMABLE LIQUID AND VAPOUR.

HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED OR INHALED.

CAUSES IRRITATION TO EYES AND RESPIRATORY TRACT.

AFFECTS CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM.

MAY BE HARMFUL IF ABSORBED THROUGH SKIN.

MAY CAUSE IRRITATION TO SKIN.

Inhalation: Respiratory tract irritation, can have a narcotic effect, producing symptoms of dizziness, drowsiness, headache, staggering, unconsciousness and possibly death.

Ingestion: Can cause drowsiness, unconsciousness, and death. Gastrointestinal pain, cramps, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea may also result. The single lethal dose for a human adult = about 250 mls (8 ounces).

Skin Contact: May cause irritation with redness and pain. May be absorbed through the skin with possible systemic effects.

Eye Contact: Vapours cause eye irritation. Splashes cause severe irritation, possible corneal burns and eye damage.

Dont sound very nice does it, but I would think the above is for the neat product.

My Mum use to use this too, but we sent her to AA and they weened her of it.:)

lol ive sent off for more stickers, the big one at the back looks cool, makes poxy novas sh*t their pants!! Im still pissed cos i lined up the sticker perfect and i bet i bugger up the new one!

Anyone noticed on their new clios the annoying semi circle of dirt you get on the rear screen from the wiper blade? I cant fully get rid of it!!