ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stickers/Decals... are they chav

LOTS!

OK folks, Ive been beating myself up over this for the last few days and thought Id gauge public consensus on... stickers/decals!

I bought (from Halfords) some O.Z Racing decals in brushed steel finish - Ive put these just UNDER the 2.0 badge on the door. Look OK to me.

This weekend I went to JAE (in our MR2) and while I was there I had some 2.5" Brembo vinyls made up to put on my front brake calipers. Again, look OK.

Now I know its all about what you think looks good but equally, Id be gutted if someone saw my Clio and said "f*ckin chavs car" or "it looks sh*t". I just get easily bored and dont have the cash to do what I want with the car at the moment so sticking logos on it kinda satisfies my modifying needs! :D And theyre easily removed if I get bored of them too.

So what dya reckon - Stickers - OK or Ghey?????

500bhp Scoob

nobody wants to see your shopping list on your car lol.
i personally think theyre ghey. even gheyer if you have stickers like HKS, Greddy etc on a non turbo car

Quote: Originally posted by Mole on 26 July 2005
nobody wants to see your shopping list on your car lol.
i personally think theyre ghey. even gheyer if you have stickers like HKS, Greddy etc on a non turbo car

a non turbo european car ;)

LOTS!

... actually, I do have whats on the shopping list but carry on with the slating! :oops:

Starting to see a pattern here!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

lets see some pictures then matey... then ill make my mind up!

LOTS!

Simon - I think youre probably right! The question then arises though... is it ok to be a LITTLE bit ghey?! Maybe deep down Im just a big ghey boy?! :p

What about ClioSport.net stickers then??

Not a Clio

personally the only stickers id have (and do have) are the ones advertising i have an alarm.

Stickers are a cheap mod and look exactly that IMO.

You might get away with the cliosport sticker ;)

Audi TT Quattro

I once saw a car with a shopping list up the front wing.... that said "EGGS, BACON, BREAD, MILK, ETC..."

Looked superb... in a funny way ;)

182 and 5 GTT

I have 2 small clifford stickers (put on by alarm ppl) a small "Rollin on 17s by R-tec" (put on by R-tec when i had my wheels) and my cliosport sticker. They look alright, and i forgot to take them off when i got my tints done, so im stuck with them! Personally i wouldnt have a shopping list down my doors, but its ur car mate so if u like them?

LOTS!

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 26 July 2005

what you have brembo calipers ??
For the purposes of this thread only and in the interests of saving face, yes - I have Brembo calipers :D

(think my pads are Brembo actually - does that count?!)

LOTS!

Should also point out this isnt a list... its only one sticker on the door and one on the caliper!

Hang on a bit oh impatient ones and Ill go take some pictures on my phone...

**wonders off feeling fairly ghey to take photos**

Stickers can be really well done but most of the time I see HKS and GReddy on Puntos and Saxos. There is no need. If its a show/project car then I think its fair enough to have some of the brands on the side skirts, but only if it is a interesting or unique car. Most of the time, stickers equal pelters.

don't

as above really

also ill add the worst stickers to have are ICE stickers

kenwood,
jbl
jl audio
pioneer
please come and steal my ice

just plain stupid

clio 182 black /gold

I have 10 stickers in my car 2 are the alarm stickers from Alan Price, 1 is my road tax, 1 is my Advanced driving one, 1 cliosport and 2 renault sport stickers. 2 are from ISR register. The renault elf sticker.

nope, look awful, time to remove them, and any other cheap mod fitted, standard looks far better than chavd

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

have you got OZ wheels?

you have brembo brake pads though?

i think they look fine matey! at least they aint massive. what ever you like just do it.

people probably see my ring sticker on my car and think what a t**ser but i dont care! probably say the same thing about my CS sticker as well!

LOTS!

Quote: Originally posted by rollin on 17s on 26 July 2005

wont that brembo sticker peel off from the heat from the brakes? not to my taste mate
Probably mate, yes!

Reckon that may be a good thing judging from the general consensus!

Someone asked if I have O.Z. wheels - yes, 16" Geminis. Bloody love them!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

^^^^so thats ok i reckon! if youve got the products, then fairplay doing the stickers

i probaably wouldnt do it myself but as you like it and are happy then stick with it.

LOTS!

Well it was just a bit of fun really - good to hear what people think overall and something to chat about on a wet Tuesday eh!

wet!? sunny here for a change... :D

i think the decals can look good when you get a right balance, look at Mark Ritchies car, thats covered in decals and looks stunning imo :D