ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticking in 2nd

2012 WRX Waggon

every now and then when I hit the gear change light in 2nd the bugger seems to stick when i try to stuff it into 3rd.

might be me but it almost seems like the clutch is not disengaging, as the revs dont appear to drop when i push the clutch - weird!

dont happen all the time - thought anyone?

paul

2012 WRX Waggon

well is it the rev limiter, or is it a gear change indicator?

i thought it was set a few hundred rpm below the limiter?

anyway - its a lovely shade a green ;)

My Cup did the same in First and Second.

Took it to the garage and it has not done it since plus the clutch seams better than when i had it.

Maybe a common problem.

Yup - mine did this as well. Seems to have gone away now for no apparent reason, but it did seem to do it when trying to change gear quickly.

I find the shape of the clutch pedal quite annoying anyway - seems to get in the road, so it may be that the clutch isnt 100% down when trying to change quickly and this obstructs the change.

Come to think of it, the whole clutch in the 172 is a pain - one of the most difficult clutches Ive experienced in any car - and that list includes some fairly exotic and powerful cars.