ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky oil pressure gauge part 2!

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Can i use paint thinners (white spirits) on the neddle to release any blockages that may be causing it?

Ill use switch cleaner on the contacts too but would imagine its some greese or sommat causing an obstruction. Cheers.

mines just started doing the same. if i type the gauge screen on the dash, it moves upto what it really should be with each tap. does this work on yours?? its a pain and cant see where its stickin??

I wouldnt use paint thinner on anything like that. I would recommend that you get some isopropyl alcohol and use that instead.

Thinners will possibly knacker any plastic bits inside the gauge.

Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) will not harm any plastics but is a solvent and will remove any grease/crap that is there.

Also if the gauge is electrical IPA will clean any contacts which may be at fault.