ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stiff throttle

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I've noticed my throttle pedal is quite stiff. I compared it to my bro's 172 and his is free moving as you'd expect, but mine often gets stuck. PITA when you're trying to pull away and end up over-revving because it got stuck and jumped too far down.

Do I just need to get some lube in there somewhere? lol

172 ph-quick
have a look in engine and gearbox bit, theres a thread on throttle pedal sticking, read through and thatll help you, im on phone so cant post a link though

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Nice one, thanks lads. Will get out there at the weekend and clean/lube/grease everything :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hey mate, my thread..... I'll post some advice in one sec in an edit....

First off just check if its the cable sticking, you do this by just removing the cable from the TB, its a case of roating the tb open with your hand, then getting it someone else, or your other hand to unhook the cable.

Now get one person in the passenger footwell, and pull the cable to and throw, if theres any grinding or sticking, then its probably the cable. Spray some WD40 down the cable too for good measure.

If not then go down the "Grease the crap out of the throttle body" method.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Hey mate, my thread..... I'll post some advice in one sec in an edit....

First off just check if its the cable sticking, you do this by just removing the cable from the TB, its a case of roating the tb open with your hand, then getting it someone else, or your other hand to unhook the cable.

Now get one person in the passenger footwell, and pull the cable to and throw, if theres any grinding or sticking, then its probably the cable. Spray some WD40 down the cable too for good measure.

If not then go down the "Grease the crap out of the throttle body" method.
Cheers fella, will be giving this a go tomorrow. :)