ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still looking but may have found one, help please. :)

Im still looking for a car after missing out on the one on here.

I found this one with the following spec, can you let me know how much you think its worth pleas? Its a bit tatty in places by the looks of it but im not sure how much its worth. Its for track and road use.

I asked and the car has very little history before 2017.

The spec / write up he sent me is:

Up for sale is my 2004 Renault Clio 182 track car. The car is fully road legal as I drive it too and from track. MOT’d till 15/05/2020.

Mileage is currently just over 77000, has had new oil and filter in the last two months but has only been driven a handful of miles to keep it ticking over since the change. The spark plugs weren’t changed as they we’re still very clean from being changed in the last 12 months. A new set is included in the spares.

Spec:

Engine is totally standard besides a Ktec panel filter and an induction ram air tube fitted from the lower grill on the front bumper for better air flow. Timing belt and dephaser were done a couple of years ago just before I bought the car but have done very few miles since as I only use the car for track.
What I believe to be an early PMS air con delete kit (came on the car so not 100%)
ST Coilovers (Part of the KW family)
Miltek exhaust system
Comes with 2 sets of wheels:
Factory 16” 182 wheels (a bit tatty) with almost new Uniroyal Rainsport 3.
Cobra Monaco Pro seats with Sabelt 6-point harnesses. I don’t believe either are in date anymore so would need to double check.
Flocked dash with orange accents and a GoPro mount bolted to the top middle of the dash.
Universal quick shifter kit.
Motamec steering wheel with JJC snap off boss kit.
Battery relocated to the boot (new within the last 18 months)
Rear strut brace welded between the rear top mounts.
Half unbranded cage, this came with the car when I bought it.
JDM Broad Way wide angle rear view mirror.
CM Composites Race Splitter with support rods fixed to front bumper.
CM Composites Clio Cup roof scoop, painted orange to match the other accents (wing mirrors, door, boot and bonnet badges and callipers)
As new OEM rear pads and discs with new rear abs sensor imported from Germany recently fitted.
Fronts have PBS pads with up rated discs, forget the brand (another set of pads and discs in spares). All bled up with Millers high temp oil.
Braided brake lines all around.
Front bumper also has air ducts fitted into the existing fog lights but I hadn’t gotten around to fitting tubing for brake ducts.
TRS tow straps front and rear.
Quick release catches on wings
Aero catches on bonnet.

Rear quarters have just been repainted as the car has sticker removal damage when I bought it. Since buying the car I’ve changed absolutely loads, including body panels, windscreen, internal wiring loom as the central locking didn’t work. All the current mods and spec besides the cage and air con delete have been added by me in the last 2 years of ownership. Obviously the paint work isn’t 100%, there are stone chips, small dents and some peeling paint on the front bumper. It’s 100% a track car and not a show car.

Next on the list of things to do was to have the rain light I recently had mounted into the rear bumper wired in. A new horn wired in (horn and switch included), take out the seats, paint the floors and replace the current custom seat mounts with a set of lighter OMP ones and then fit the a passenger footplate and skateboard tape to the driver foot well for better grip.

I’ll be sorry to see the car go in all honesty but with a change in work circumstances I haven’t had chance to use it once this season so far, my last track day being Oulton Park last November. The car is ready for the new owner to literally pick it up and drive it straight to track and start using it for what it’s intended. This is the perfect entry point purchase for anyone wanting to do track days and with the current spec and parts spend no more besides servicing but we all know it’s impossible not to keep buying mods and fettling, that’s half the addiction.

Thats it, il try and add pics below. He wants £3200 for it. Any comments or things i should ask/ check if i go to look at it?

Thanks guys in advanced.

Attachments

• 7B8E3B13-8985-481D-B402-2F2A0570F615.jpeg
    7B8E3B13-8985-481D-B402-2F2A0570F615.jpeg
    880.7 KB · Views: 191
  • DFC57EAD-687D-48AA-90C3-7ACF5A0642AA.jpeg
    DFC57EAD-687D-48AA-90C3-7ACF5A0642AA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 224
  • FD963BDA-85CD-46EB-BA90-4CC0FF299E18.jpeg
    FD963BDA-85CD-46EB-BA90-4CC0FF299E18.jpeg
    825.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 8F3A3974-DD05-41D8-B16A-25447713E8E5.jpeg
    8F3A3974-DD05-41D8-B16A-25447713E8E5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 220
  • 90749FC6-6291-4A26-9090-9104B307394F.jpeg
    90749FC6-6291-4A26-9090-9104B307394F.jpeg
    704.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 93A40125-02AB-4D17-9019-57300AFF6F22.jpeg
    93A40125-02AB-4D17-9019-57300AFF6F22.jpeg
    792.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 4FDAD87F-6D57-49B2-8BE1-231F0E16DB1E.jpeg
    4FDAD87F-6D57-49B2-8BE1-231F0E16DB1E.jpeg
    575.8 KB · Views: 201

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Who did the belts would be my question.

Does he have an invoice? Was the depahser done?

What’s the paintwork like?

To me that’s a £2000 car with some orange paint on it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is there any better (closer pics if the car)

Doesn't do a great deal for me but then maybe a change of wheels will set it off.

Did you put a wanted thread up on here?

Who did the belts would be my question.

Does he have an invoice? Was the depahser done?

What’s the paintwork like?

To me that’s a £2000 car with some orange paint on it.

It was done by a place called gary burnett vehicle services, il attach a pic of what he sent me, it was done in feb 2017.

Paint work is average , back quarters have been repainted and bumper has crap paint by the sounds of it.

Would you bother? You think its a £2000 car? Genuinely asking advice. Dont want to be stung or ripped off.

Attachments

• 205AE963-F420-4979-B41B-3B3097EDE5F5.jpeg
    205AE963-F420-4979-B41B-3B3097EDE5F5.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 205
Is there any better (closer pics if the car)

Doesn't do a great deal for me but then maybe a change of wheels will set it off.

Did you put a wanted thread up on here?

Not really, i was going to see it in the flesh saturday morning to see. He said he has some speedline alloys i think he said too.

How much do you think its worth?

No , think i did 2 posts but not a wanted one, i put a wanted post on the clio facebook page though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Not really, i was going to see it in the flesh saturday morning to see. He said he has some speedline alloys i think he said too.

How much do you think its worth?

How far away Is it?
Any rust?
Mot? Unless I've missed it
Standard or been mapped.
Gearbox ok, no crunching.
I'd be wanting better pics of the paint work unless you 1. Aren't bothered. 2. Wouldn't notice.

How far away Is it?
Any rust?
Mot? Unless I've missed it
Standard or been mapped.
Gearbox ok, no crunching.
I'd be wanting better pics of the paint work unless you 1. Aren't bothered. 2. Wouldn't notice.

Hes in stockport and im in warrington so about 20-25 miles id guess.
MOT untill like feb 2020 i think it said.
No rust apparently.
He doesnt mention its been mapped no, il ask now though.
He said the cars in great mechanical condition with no issues, so i think the gear box is fine from him saying that.
He said the front bumper could do with a respray so guessing thats a bit tatty from the track im guessing.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I think you’d get a lot better for £3000.

I’d personally go for something with an interior and some good suspension. Ripping the seats out makes f**k all difference and just makes the car harder to sell (unless youre after a dedicated track car that is).

The more original ish cars are holding their money now as theyre all getting turned into track slags.

I think you’d get a lot better for £3000.

I’d personally go for something with an interior and some good suspension. Ripping the seats out makes f**k all difference and just makes the car harder to sell (unless youre after a dedicated track car that is).

The more original ish cars are holding their money now as theyre all getting turned into track slags.

How much would you say its worth? I thought if it has suspension already done it would save me the cost thats all as its primary use will be a track car with some road use every now and then.

Would you say im better buying standard then modifying as and when i see fit instead?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If I was buying a track car it would be one already done.

If I was buying a road/track car it would be with the interior etc..

The honest answer is how many track days will you be doing

If I was buying a track car it would be one already done.

If I was buying a road/track car it would be with the interior etc..

The honest answer is how many track days will you be doing

As many as i can afford to do hopefully, think i have the bug after doing 4 of them now. But il be driving the car to the track.
Just not sure if this one is worth it or its a bit too rough for the money.

the guy who owns the car just did a HPI check on the car for me, its also a cat D :( considering all he said he obviously will take less. what would you guys says its worth now? are the mods not really worth anything then if he breaks it as he mentioned he might do that now.

yeah, he said its had paint because when he bought it, it had stickers on it, then he pulled them off and it took the paint off. i messaged him saying it would have to be cheap for me to be interested now, shame as he sounded like a genuine guy too.

the search continues haha