ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stocks and Shares

172 Cup
Anyone on here play the stock market?

How much do you need to start? £100? £500? £5000?
Best to go to an online broker or a local bank in town?

Advice is welcome. its always something i have wanted to do but have no clue where to start :D

Rich

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's a few detailed threads on pheads iirc, very useful. I think there's a few sites where you can do it fantasy football style (ie real stocks etc but no actual cash involved)./

VW ....
Yes .

Start off with what you want but remember what the costs are for placing & selling a trade .

Only put in what you are prepared to lose .

Also spread your risk ,don't put all your eggs into one basket .

Like above use interactive investor but lots of others that you can trade online with ,barclays ,IG etc .

Lotus Exige, 182
Yes. I stuck 5k in last year, in dribs and drabs.

I use a barclays share isa, any capital gains and dividends are tax free. You can now put up to 10k per year in it, more than enough for most people. Allows you to buy shares listed on the LSE main markets but not AIM. I only make occassional trades, so it might not be suitable if you want to do it day to day. You have to pay a fee per trade, although the more trades you make per 3 month period the smaller the fee.

Done it for less than a year, primarily as an alternative to cash isas and their to poor interest rates. Pretty low risk shares with an ethical side - banks, property/house builders and arms companies are my investment strategy, with a bit of tobacco diversification in the near future! Portfolio is currently showing a reasonable return - but I think I bought my first batch of rbs shares at less than 30p.

Last edited:
  E87 118d M Sport
Ive got a few shares in my company (that have accumulated over the last few years) and the share price at the moment is the highest its ever been. Obviously the directors are doing something right.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I bought RBS at 30 as well but had to sell at about 40 because of cash flow problems! Well annoyed!