ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stoddie vid

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
It's a shame Chip isn't here to spaff his load everywhere and clear things up.

You don't half sound bitter Scottish, he's banned, won't be coming back yet you still bring his name up for a sly dig, pretty pathetic.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
To be fair to Kev it's not like he's brought him up at random.

Chip is porkies mate.

I'm well aware of that, it's just needless commentary that adds nothing to a thread and makes Gally out to be either very petty or bitter about something.

He's well aware Chip is banned.

Awesome!

There's at least two cars indicating when he passes them, can't be bothered to quote times, and the blinks don't look sped up at all.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You don't half sound bitter Scottish, he's banned, won't be coming back yet you still bring his name up for a sly dig, pretty pathetic.

Oh calm down you big sissy girl it was said in jest. I'll remember not to speak about anyone who is banned ever again.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Oh calm down you big sissy girl it was said in jest. I'll remember not to speak about anyone who is banned ever again.

Grown up reply, how lovely, no personal attack made on you.

A joke at someone's expense who's not here seems pointless.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I can't see anywhere that the video looks to have been sped up. I don't see why anyone would think that.

Impreza RB5 #054
People need to start accepting McWestie knows the finer details of driving pretty much every car and driving style.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
People need to start accepting McWestie knows the finer details of driving pretty much every car and driving style.

How could I know anything about 7 type cars?

DSCF1783.png

RB Clio 182
Is it possible to make a section on the new cs forum where threads like this get moved to an argumentative section where we can go off topic/threaten to smash each others heads in etc?

182cup & 172 racecar
I can say that this was not "sped up" in any way.

I was in the passenger seat, from what I remember, we only got up to 160mph on the back straight, which was a bit poor tbh lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it possible to make a section on the new cs forum where threads like this get moved to an argumentative section where we can go off topic/threaten to smash each others heads in etc?

Haha an unmoderated section? Would be nice to give a few people a piece of my mind. Would never happen though lol.

I was in the passenger seat, from what I remember, we only got up to 160mph on the back straight, which was a bit poor tbh lol.

I'm sure I read ages back that you had to lie down after, that true? Lol.

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm sure I read ages back that you had to lie down after, that true? Lol.

Ha, I didn't like the fact that your arms are hanging out the door, the seat belts were bashing me in the face, and the my helmet was trying to remove itself from my head!!

Apart from that, alls good.

If you think it looks sped up, you should try sitting in the passenger seat.:)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ha, I didn't like the fact that your arms are hanging out the door, the seat belts were bashing me in the face, and the my helmet was trying to remove itself from my head!!

Apart from that, alls good.

If you think it looks sped up, you should try sitting in the passenger seat.:)

Haha so it's true? ;).

Can't say I've ever been in anything as fast, let alone in something that is going to give you a much better feel for the speed, not to mention being driven like a loon. I'd probably pass out or something.

182cup & 172 racecar
I like Lee, he's a good bloke, I just didn't get time to adjust the belts properly etc, so even though strapped in, it just didn't feel right.

He asked if I wanted to drive it, but he'd been having trouble with the gearbox, so didn't fancy a big bill if it went wrong with me in the seat.
So we thrashed his Clio and Lotus around for the rest of the day. :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Flol! You old guys!

182cup & 172 racecar
I also believe it was only running about 360bhp that day, instead of it's usual 500+!

Might account for it's lack of straight line speed tbh.

Needs slicks and aero to go fast, but it's only built for fun AFAIK, and it sure looks it.
Haha I don’t think you can say it isn’t already fast but faster I agree ;) We have been talking about slicks but along with it will need to be new brake setup and the car is working so well at the moment it seems a shame to start making fundamental changes. Recently we have been playing with setup and tyre compounds to extract more time out of the car.

Did you say aero ;)

IMG_4283_zps580c0416.jpg

No thats not going on just rested it on the other week while moving the cars around :)

Was one of the marshals giving him a warning towards the end ?
Think it was a noise board we always struggle on noise at Bedford with the car
I don't see why porkie would feel the need to actually speed it up?

What's he benefiting from it?
Lee wouldn’t waste his time speeding up a video if he knew how to do it in the first place! The guy is an epic driver and is used to driving very powerful RWD cars so is very skilled at correcting the car when it starts to slide. When you are in the car it feels like life is sped up never mind a video!

With no passenger the other week I saw 170 just before braking its a little bit crazy!

Had to order some spoilers for my helmet as the car insists on trying to pull it off my head on the straights