ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOLEN

Silver 182 F/F

Just got back from my holidays to find my titanium 182 with cup packs been stolen.The buggers have broken into house taken the keys for the 182 and my wifes TF but only taken my car ,so now have to hide wifes.Keep an eye out for any clios being thrashed around west yorks!:mad:

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

bugger sorry to hear that m8, ive had a sh*t day too apart from the r/r evrythin else has gone wrong, back on subject a lad round my way had a v6 255 and someone broke in his house left evryting else apart from the keys

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

You might as well post up some details about the car. Reg number, mileage etc. You never know, someone on here may know where it is.

Feel bad for you. Id be gutted if it was me..

Silver 182 F/F

Dont want it back would prefer a good insurance payout,but would love to catch the t***s.Suddenly its more than the car gone missing its the fact they have been through our house which now seems less secure!

7.6cc :D

Thats awful :( Like you say, its the fact that they went through your house!

Did they take anything else from the house?

R

rich[182]

cant imagine how u feel, thats bad, hope u get sorted, there will always be another day when u have a replacement car, theyll always be scum though

Silver 182 F/F

From Wakefield West Yorks,No nothing else was taken form the house, if it wasnt for the broken door lock you wouldnt know they have even been in.Has for the TF i wish theyd taken that too theres nothing worse than having a car when you know someone else also has keys for it.You keep presuming they are following you.

Dont want to give full reg No. out dont know if your supposed to do that so i will miss a letter out BL54 KK* about 1000 miles on clock

When you hear about the lad who got shot for a boxter you wonder if it would make any difference if your in or not.

CHEERS

cliosport 200

It may be better not to get it back. The t***s will have screwed the arse off it no doubt and with only 1k on the clock you dont know what long term damage could have been caused.

You never know, the scum that they are might pile it and break their f*****g necks.:mad:

Silver 182 F/F

Due to the fact insurance company not open untill Monday does anyone know if i can claim for the replacement locks doing on the TF under household insurance rather than my wifes car insurance? They only pay upto £100 and i think it will cost slightly more than that.

you can try them, some do some dont, a friend had her car keys nicked for there mr2 roadster, the keys and locks cost £900

Exactly why I always take both set of keys with me, hand luggage of course.

Gutted for you, pain in the arse.

On the brighter side, atlest having a think about what to get next should cheers you up!

Gutted for you mate! if you dont want to give your full reg out you could post a pic up so we can see if we can recognise the car :D

is it illegal to run some sort or electric current through you car if you keep it in a garage? :oops: as in they shouldnt have been in there so its not my fault theyre cooked...

^^ yes it is mate, even though its your property and they are trespassing ,any injury sustained on your property is your liability. Like the thief who fell through a glass conservatory onto a knife in a christmas cake and stabbed himself, home owners had to pay medical costs I kid you not.

Ford Fiesta

thats bad. its always the keys these days, pretty much unheard of stealing these types of modern cars any other way.

My keys never leave my sight...

not far from me so Ill keep an eye out.

Mini Cooper S sport

Its a horrible thought that they might be back for the other car...set up CCTV!

Must be awful to know that someones been in your house, really sorry to hear that :(

Silver 182 F/F

Police told me that the only other way of pinching the car without the keys is by low loader so they must be quite safe in general.Had AA man round this afternoon and hes shown me what to disconnect tonight from the TF so they might be able to get in but cant drive off unless they are qualified mechanics.

FINGERS CROSSED

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Now MG/Rover has gone belly up are you going to be able to get new keys ok?

Best of luck with it all mate. Really feel for you.

take the battery off the MG. Really feel for you mate. I always leave my all my keys with someone else when i go away.

Mark

rsturbo and a xr3i

f**king theiving scum (do excuse my language ) but hearing things like this really pisses me off , and get them locks changed asap cause you can bet they will be back for the other car

54 astravan 1.7tdci

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 24 April 2005

Now MG/Rover has gone belly up are you going to be able to get new keys ok?

Best of luck with it all mate. Really feel for you.
yeah they will have loads of spares(surley):confused:

Silver 182 F/F

Thinking of having imobiliser and alarm rechipped and not even bothering with new locks have we have spare key. that way the alarm will still go off when they try getting into it and you wont be able to drive it away.The locks for TF must only be for display becuase if you want to get into it the rear screen is held in with velcro and a zip not exactly a deterent to thiefs.

Police have told me its a gang that is working its way around the country using the same tool to get in through patio/conservatry doors,so everyone carefull !