ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stonechips... AAAARRRRRGH!!

Clio 197
I've had my car back for just under two weeks now...

...I've got two large stonechips already, and a few small peppery ones.

Where can I get a bra for my car? (I'm not taking the piss).

106 GTi
Dont get a car bra they look gay as! - I doubt they make them for clios anyway.

Armourfend or a such like clear film is the way.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I spoke to a company the other week regarding the plastic film that you can put on the car, They are based in Essex, at present they have never done a Clio, but have told me that if i am willing to leave the car with them for a day or so, they will measure it all up and fit it. They will only charge me for the fitting.

Just got to sort the bonnet and bumper out first, as i have a lovely dent and loads of stone chips. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

106 GTi
Clio 1.216v Dynamique said:
Renaults are a pain for chips with there wafer thin paint, no matter how hard you try to keep them off you still get them

172/182s paint is actually quite thick.

Rich said:

Ditto its where the paint is quite hard/brittle that its more likley to fracture than softer paint which will absorb more of the impact - if that makes sense!

Clio 197
I agree.

My A3 was solid black, and had a thick coat on it. As a result, it cracked easier.

A friend of mine had the same car in Denim Blue, and the paint was softer... and didn't crack.

Rich said:
Is it, The thickest paint I've ever known is on a Volvo 340 the paint is so think on them you dont get stone chips my dad had one F reg done 145.000 when he got rid about 8 year ago and it did'nt have a stone chip or a bit of rust on it the old Volvos are made like tanks compared to todays

106 GTi
As had been discussed it is the soft/hardness of the paint which contributes as much as the thickness.

Renault paint is an old one, it scratches easily, but when it comes to paint correction the paint is hard.

E90
Car bras are fecking UBER Gay, if u drive it it'll chip imo, u paid for it use the thing. Unless yr saving it for retirement like Richard, lol

Weeman said:
Car bras are fecking UBER Gay, if u drive it it'll chip imo, u paid for it use the thing. Unless yr saving it for retirement like Richard, lol

You lost again weeman?

Move along the bus nothing to see ;)

106 GTi
Weeman said:

VW owners are the biggest purchasers of the said bra's! :rasp:

Even I have chips! ( and not just the ones with fish ;) )

ST
My bonnet is covered in chips....in time i'm gonna get a carbon one, have the standard one sprayed and keep it mint for when i sell the car or i'll have it sprayed then look into the plastic film...

Octavia VRS
My bonnet is a disgrace although the car is 6 yrs old now so can't expect too much. Was tempted to get it sprayed but probably not worth it.

SLK 350
^Colour by numbers!

Mine...touchwood doesn't have a single chip anymore as i acquired a replacement bonnet for the princely sum of £50. Bargain!