ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stop and Battery come on when the revs drop

Honda Civic EP2
Only noticed it recently, but when I 'free wheel' or leave the car roll before I change gear or come to a stop the Battery and Stop signs come on, and I have to give it a lotta revs for it to speed up, all the electrics stay on lights, radio and my steering works fine I just have no control over my speed until I rev it a lot, I've read it could be the Alternator but what other things could it be?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Alternator/charge circuit fault most likely and will no doubt end in a new alternator and aux. belt kit. Needs checking out by someone that knows how to diagnose correctly though cos it could also be a battery fault.

Mick

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
i had problems with my altenator and went to renault, they put a new battery, altenator belt kit
and altenator on the car. everything is fine.

now my Stop and Battery lights flash same as OP's. normally when im either just pulling away or slowing down to a stop. flashes on and off then just goes away?