ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stop light and battery help

renault clio r 172
i was driving when my stop light and battery light came on. I keeped going and got home but every thing went mad on the dash lights coming on and going speedo and all other gauges going up and down and not working. The engine was not making any abnormall noise any ideas.

renault clio r 172
yes mate also cleaned the red cable that conects to the alternator still no not got à second Hand alternator coming from renparts Tomoz

PH2 172
yes mate also cleaned the red cable that conects to the alternator still no not got à second Hand alternator coming from renparts Tomoz

Does sound like the diode pack on the alternator has gone down,is the battery light on all the time,even with the ignition off?
Stating a model,ie 1.2 2000,or 182 cup 2004 might help people be more specific?
Please confirm replacement alternator resolves the issue.

renault clio r 172
Does sound like the diode pack on the alternator has gone down,is the battery light on all the time,even with the ignition off?
Stating a model,ie 1.2 2000,or 182 cup 2004 might help people be more specific?
Please confirm replacement alternator resolves the issue.
It is 172 53reg with air con. The battery light is not on when the ignition is off.

PH2 172
It is 172 53reg with air con. The battery light is not on when the ignition is off.

I`m going to have to confess my ignorance here,all my previous cars,the red light meant it was not charging.Being French & a Clio,does this just signify the battery voltage is low?