ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOP light and handbrake light has come on....

172 cup
what does it mean?

Had it before and topped up brake fluid and it went away, that was about 2 months ago, its doing it again now. Im going to check the brake fluid tomorrow but could it be anything else?

IS PH2 172
My stop light came on and i had my handbrake light flicker on and off repeatedly every time i cornered... turns out it was my pads, replaced them and hasnt happened since, not sure if there is a sensor on the brakes that alerts you too it or something, but as i say, problem solved, hope this helps

172 cup
My stop light came on and i had my handbrake light flicker on and off repeatedly every time i cornered... turns out it was my pads, replaced them and hasnt happened since, not sure if there is a sensor on the brakes that alerts you too it or something, but as i say, problem solved, hope this helps

Im sure they were changed at last MOT (June)

Its does that seems to flicker on and off and when I accelerate really hard it disapears.

IS PH2 172
Yeah thats pretty much what mine did, hard acceleration, hard braking, sharp cornering, may be worth getting them checked over just incase, isnt the weather for brake problems imo

Arctic Blue FF 182
As said above, normally indicates low brake fluid. This could be from it leaking or low pads. Any sign of much fluid around the fluid reservoir?

IS PH2 172
i was convinced mine was the fluid, but had a mates garage check it over, fluid levels were fine but pads were neigh on metal on metal!

172 cup
As said above, normally indicates low brake fluid. This could be from it leaking or low pads. Any sign of much fluid around the fluid reservoir?

Well Ive had to top it up twice in 2 months with a full (small) bottle each time. The guy in Halfords did say that is unusual as you would only top it up every year or so.

Think I just need to book it into a garage tbh and get it checked over.

Will have to wait till new year now though

Arctic Blue FF 182
Well Ive had to top it up twice in 2 months with a full (small) bottle each time. The guy in Halfords did say that is unusual as you would only top it up every year or so.

Think I just need to book it into a garage tbh and get it checked over.

Will have to wait till new year now though

Thats definitly losing/ using more fluid then it should then, even low pads wouldn't cause a top up of a whole bottle.

And signs of fluid on the ground in a regular place you park?

172 cup
take is easy on the roads for the time being then tyssen bad times for iffy brakes :(

Ai - I dont drive it much anyway atm and when I do its only a couple of miles a time.

Ill get it booked into somewhere asap to get it looked over.

If it is pads how much am I looking at?

Arctic Blue FF 182
Iv got a mk2 ph2, but when i'v changed my pads AND discs, the parts came to £56, and that was after going for the better/ more expensive option in allparts.

IS PH2 172
if its just pads then hardly anything, pick up the pads for 20/30 quid, and labour on thats hardly anything as its a v quick job. i had a mates garage do and fit mine at trade for parts and mates rates fitting, so i had new pads and disks on the car for £100, so if you know anyone in the trade give them a shout and see if they can sort you out