ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stop light and oil light flickering

Ph 1 172
So little fault has just started happening. My stop light and oil warning light are flickering on and off.

The engine sounds no different at all and it is not lumpy or anything. Every time I rev the engine the light goes off and when I hold revs it comes on. Also neither light is on when I first start the car up. The lights flicker when I go over a bump as well.

I'm assuming it's a faulty switch somewhere and not anything more sinister .. what switch would you guys be checking???

Also oil level is fine and shows no contamination

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Might be oil level or oil pressure sensor( if there is one) on its way out have a look at wires and plugs on them first

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Would sound like a sensor, or potentially the oil pressure regulator. Have you tried OBD 2 readout?

Mec 350 slk manual
When I had this on my ph 1 it was the oil pressure switch located down by the side of the oil filter , changed it job done

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Why would the oil light come on if the brake fluid was low? Surely that would put the handbrake/ brake warning light on?

Clio Sport 197 cup
Just had this happen on mine..needed new rear calliper as it was leaking brake fluid...check your brake fluid,pads, callipers for leaks.x