ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOP light flickered for a bit

Clio 172 Mk2
Hi all.

I was just driving to work this morning, and about 3 mins into the journey, I noticed that the STOP LED flickered for around three seconds at a inconsistant rate (not flashing just flickering), I tried to get it back on by driving quickly round corners and booting it, but I couldnt manage to get it to flicker again. It looks like a a wire could be loose somewhere. When the LED was flickering I was going over a bit of a bumpy road, but I went over a lot more bumps after, but it didnt flicker.

Is this something to worry about? I get really paranoid about these sort of things :|

Cheers

-Rhys

C

Cupster

Check the switch connection just above your brake pedal matey.

Clio 172 Mk2
Thanks for the replys.

Yeah its the STOP light ust nect to the SERV one

Anyone else got any ideas? I hope its just a loose wire and nothing serious. I had to spent 600 odd quid on it last month

Clio 182
I've got this same problem as well, Not got round to sorting it yet though !! I think it was Loony who told me its possibly the brake fluid too. But i've not checked it. Silly really as its pretty important to be able to stop !!

Black/Gold 182
I had an old Talbot Samba when I was a student and that did the same, it was a brake pad sensor (when pads get thin, light comes on). Guess it works on resistance of pad so flickers a bit...

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I get the STOP light and Handbrake light come on flickering every now and again. Usually its when i'm going round a corner accelerating hard...Its going in for a Service soon, so i think i'll get Renault to sort it.

Tyson.

this means the brake pads are low...has happened to me a few times...

you shouldnt be loosing any brake fluid...

it flickers when you go round corners fast or accelerate up hills etc...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yep mine did this last week! Was on a long sweeping bend... My guess was brake fluid too.

Yep this happened every time we went around Mutkurve at the nurburgring....and this corner only!

It's an uphill left hander taken flat in 4th.

Dave

Lux'd Glacier White R26
davyboy said:
Yep this happened every time we went around Mutkurve at the nurburgring....and this corner only!

It's an uphill left hander taken flat in 4th.

Dave

My lights always come on when i hit the same left hand bend at speed! It doesn't come on when i hit another other corners..Odd.

Tyson.

come to think of it...it was a left hand corner slightly uphill when mine came on flickering...

thats the only corner it came on at first...but eventually it got worse and worse coming on all the time and staying on for longer untill i replaced the pads

RenaultSport clio 182
Kiev85 said:
this means the brake pads are low...has happened to me a few times...

you shouldnt be loosing any brake fluid...

it flickers when you go round corners fast or accelerate up hills etc...
renault told me that no lights come on to tell you the brake s are low is is right ? i havent had the stop light come on but the serv , eps abs lights came on for about 5 mins the other day then went off should i be worried about that ?

i got told from renault that this is why the light came on...

and it seems to happen Only when my pads are nearly dead...

To be honest ive probably seen every light come on on my dash at one point or another..

sometimes emissions light comes on etc...

if its persistant i take it to the dealers....if its just a one off i ignore it..