ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Store is down - New iMacs

Any speculation on the cost of Lion? People seem to be suggesting it may be September before it appears and I can't see me waiting that long to replace my G5 unless Lion is costly enough for me to justify waiting.

To upgrade to Leopard was $99 I think. Snow Leopard was half that but then that wasn't a massive change. I'd say it will be about the same sort of price again.

And September is probably a pretty accurate guess. Certainly can't see it being before that.

If it's only about £60 based on that I'll probably change toward then end of next month. Had it been £150+ then I'd have held off.

Quite glad the update wasn't a big one, only bought my 27" i7 in January. That said, even if it had been a major upgrade I couldn't have coped without my iMac for the past 4 months, using my tiny 13" MacBook screen is a chore.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I was sold on the idea when I saw the Magic Mouse, but have ended up using the Track Pad mostly

The trackpad in Apple's latest hardware really has revolutionised the way we interact with our computers TBH. Using Windows quickly becomes cumbersome. I'm thinking in terms of notebooks though, so that's not really in context. I think I would use a trackpad with an iMac instead of a mouse.

I might be getting an iMac in July when my bonus comes in. IF I do, I will defo get a trackpad instead of a mouse.

I have a Intuos4 tablet for use in photoshop, so precision stuff etc isn't a concern.

I didn't like the trackpad at all. It's awesome on the laptops but on a desk I prefer a mouse.

Also, with a trackpad, to move from bottom right to top left or something, you have to pick your finger up and press again. Obviously this doesn't apply if you're poor and bought the little screen.

Monaro VXR
I just wish the magic mouse was a bit taller.

I find I get sore hands using it for any length of time.