ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Store is down - New iMacs

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
27" > All

I really hope they don't change the design. It's the best looking product Apple have ever made, I love mine.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm guessing a MBP-style refresh. Along with the announcement they'll be shipping with Lion.

Monaro VXR
Minor update more than likely.

New CPU and GPU more than likely. They desperately need higher end GPU's in the iMac.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Definitely. Mine does great for what I need it for, but the standard build GPU's are shocking for such a premium machine, that's why I upgraded it.

Hoping for better CPU GPU thunderbolt and whatever else they might tweak. I'll be replacing my G5 with a 27 inch at some point this summer. May hold fire until they ship with Lion.

LY 182
Hoping for better CPU GPU thunderbolt and whatever else they might tweak. I'll be replacing my G5 with a 27 inch at some point this summer. May hold fire until they ship with Lion.

I remember you asking about this, great timing for ya!

This should give me some incentive to get some s**t cracking and get the funds sorted for the refreshed model w/ Lion.

Like I say I'll see what OS it ships with. For the sake of holding fire a couple of months I'd rather have Lion pre-installed. Plus waiting til mid summer may let any early adoption teething issues get ironed out and allow my credit card to cool off a bit after picking up the EK, lol

27" > All

I really hope they don't change the design. It's the best looking product Apple have ever made, I love mine.

Easy. Let's not go too far.

I think the 27" ACD looks far better without the silver bit at the bottom.

I hope they don't redesign to a stage where I deem an upgrade necessary :eek:

It's probably just going to be sandybridge and thunderbolt jobby. i9.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've had an ACD before the 27" and trust me, they're not all that.

They feel a little... flimsy, which is odd.

That said, a full glass-fronted iMac would look mint, especially in the proper size. Hmm.

27acd.jpg

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
In the Sheffield store they've got a 27" with an all black surround like that, i think it looks mint, is that an older model?

Monaro VXR
When did the ACD start being the exact same height as the iMac screens?

Usually the iMac is slightly taller. Have they finally sorted that out to make them even?

Sorry, I forgot the most important part of owning a mac is the way it looks. Forget how it performs etc, just as long as it looks good.

Always cracks me up when you folk say you don;t want anti glare on the MBP because of the 'ugly silver border'. Sigh.....

:rasp:

It just annoys me that a company like Apple doesn't listen to their customers and provide that option. Have a look at the reviews of the iMac, and the ACD.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I guess Lion will be a "free" upgrade for buyers of the new iMac once it's released in the Summer?

How many months do they usually honor with giving away free/ discounted copies of a new OS?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Look how cheap the basic 27" is, gonna buy one of them as soon as Lion is announced, no point in getting a cinema display when a new imac is going to be sub £1300 with student :approve:

DB.

BMW 440i
Look how cheap the basic 27" is, gonna buy one of them as soon as Lion is announced, no point in getting a cinema display when a new imac is going to be sub £1300 with student :approve:

Same here!

iWant and I'm getting!