ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stortlines or Prolines?

RenaultSport clio 182
Why has everybody on the group buy gone for sportlines over prolines? Can't believe its price coz there's only a tenner in it. Surely the prolines are better for the handling? I don't know, Has everyone really gone just for maximum lowering? Comments would be lovely as i'm split between them. Cheers Rich.

Well, its probably because Sportlines give a greater drop than Prolines. I'm currently on Prolines and have to point out to people that the car is actually lowered, also the difference in ride quality is virtually the same for both springs, so I'm told.

Turbo Beige
Had Pro's on mine for 10 months, would recomend them to anyone. I have heard stories of the sports being 'crashy' and a bit pogo like. I wanted somrthing that would work with the standard dampers and not put added strain on them (there well known for going on the rear).

Boz

Arctic 182
Nothing to choose between the handling of the two,both far better than standard, sportlines just a bit lower.
All this 'sport for show, pro for go' is shite IMO. The 'lowness' of sportlines isn't too low (~20-25mm below standard for a 172/182), and i'd recommend them. Hope hat helps.