ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strange idle!

RS Clio 172 mk2
when my 172's idling after warming up if i put the heater speed down to 2 bars the car idles at 1000rpm, if i put the heater up to full it idles at 750rpm. Anyone know why?!? please help as its doing my head in :mad:

Is this witht he air con on?? It's due to more power being needed to run the air con I think? Mine does it too, even worse if you bung the heated rear screen on too!!

a renault
when my 172's idling after warming up if i put the heater speed down to 2 bars the car idles at 1000rpm, if i put the heater up to full it idles at 750rpm. Anyone know why?!? please help as its doing my head in :mad:

It would do, as the heater/air con draws the power from the engine, or maybe i'm wrong :) but i noticed things like that my self with my golf

RS Clio 172 mk2
i've just never noticed it before until i took the throttle off and cleaned it up, but i've taken it off before to take the plenum chamber off and didn't have any problems so dunno?!?