ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange knocking :S

Edition 30
Morning all.

On the way to work this morning this knocking just randomly started. Now it was only when I wasn't doing anything, for example if I was braking the knocking would stop and if I was accelerating it would also stop.

So basically when I was coasting in gear if you get what I mean. It isn't that loud of knock but enough to make me not want to drive it until its solved. Will be going into the garage at some point but as I'm on my own during working hours its going to be a struggle :(

Help anyone?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Where abouts is the knock coming from Toby? Does it know whilst turning when you coast?

Edition 30
Erm does it make the noise if I'm turning a corner whilst coasting? I don't think so.

Its definitely low, in the engine area. Could it be a driveshaft or am I just being stupid?

Edition 30
Erm. On the iphone hype now.

Will try and get one at some point. Don't really want to drive it though!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Is it a rotational knock? It's very odd that it's only when coasting... Driveshaft is about the only thing I can think of, but I'm not sure why it'd do it when coasting.

Edition 30
I do mean coasting when I'm in gear.

Driveshaft seems the most plausible answer at the moment.