ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange misfire? Help!

So my 182 has developed a strange, constant misfire. Basically all of a sudden I lost ~%50 of power and it has been running very lumpy. I have taken the injectors out, tested them (all seem fine) and replaced in different cylinders.

I then checked the plugs – 1 and 4 were firing as they should with 2 and 3 having no spark at all. I tried a combination of leads and plugs all ways with the same result – a spark on 1 and 4 (rhs on the coil pack) and no spark from 3 and 4 (lhs on the coil pack).

This made me thing the plugs and leads are fine and it must be the coil pack. I replaced this with new (and tested okay on my friends 182 today) and I have the same problem?

Can anyone help as I’m finding it hard to work out what could cause the coil pack to only have a spark on the 2 rh outputs (1+4) and not the left (2+3)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Ben.

PH2 172
As above,or ECU.Check you have no spark on the cylinders that are not firing.
Check for 2 live feeds to coil.
Are there any dash lights on?If so,get the codes read.

As above,or ECU.Check you have no spark on the cylinders that are not firing.
Check for 2 live feeds to coil.
Are there any dash lights on?If so,get the codes read.
Definitely not got a spark on 2+3, I have checked and I only have one live feed to the coil (when cranking) so I guess it could be a break in the loom? The eml is flashing constantly, my eBay special code reader is just giving me p0300 multipul cylinder misfire. Think I'm going to get it to a garage as I'm stumped...

Cheers,
Ben.

Cheers for the suggestions, I'm still puzzled.
Typically I drove it to work and back today without even a hint of a misfire? Self fixing French cars again!