ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange Noise From ABS

PH1 V6
When i brake a little harder (usual when coming to a stop) i get a horrible vibration type noise coming from what i can only imagine is the ABS system?

I know you can feel/hear when ABS kicks in but this is seriously not rite. doesnt really effect the actual braking in anyway just doesnt sound rite.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Is it every time you use the brakes and can you feel it through the pedal?

If so, has all the hallmarks of a split CV boot / cracked ABS ring. Stop driving it until you can check the CV boot out - if it's split and grease is all over the place, you'll soon need a new d/s if you keep driving it.

PH1 V6
its not every time i use the brakes.... only if i use the brakes hard enough for the abs to kick in does it make a strange noise. but its only coming from the O/S front wheel. so you may be right! how much would a new drive shaft set me back?

iv looked under the car and cant see any grease around the boot. not sure what it is....

It's A Reno
New driveshafts are expensive.
The Drivers side is the most expensive I believe.

The reason I asked was that mine sometimes makes an odd noise and I get a vibrating feedback through the pedal, but it is only on 2 road junctions where the surface is a bit dodgy.
It worried me at first but I now know when it's going to happen on my local routes.

Best thing to do is have the wheel off, check the D/S and give the abs ring a good clean.

PH1 V6
yeah im going to have a look. doesnt effect the drivability of the car nor does it effect braking.... (i can take my hands off the wheel and brake and the cars brakes in a perfectly straight line etc). Its just when i come to a near enough hault and if braking hard it makes a horrible buzzing/vibration noise from the O/S front wheel area.

no idea why. i know exactly what ABS feels like when it kicks in... and yes it feels the same but the noise is not normal i know that!. need to have a look