ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange Noise On Deceleration?

Hi everyone.

I’ve got this really weird squealing noise under light acceleration / decelerating? It doesn’t do it under hard acceleration and nothing at idle. I’m totally puzzled by it 😂

It was doing this before I fitted my induction kit and ktec decat. I thought it might be an air leak but these haven’t fixed it.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2481.MOV
    23.5 MB

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Have you had an assistant rev it while you have a closer listen? I'd say thats a pulley dieing and it sounds to me like it's squeaking at a certain rpm.

I will try this. Is a pulley fairly common to fail on these? And if so which one usually goes? It’s on 98,000 miles
Have you had an assistant rev it while you have a closer listen? I'd say thats a pulley dieing and it sounds to me like it's squeaking at a certain rpm

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I will try this. Is a pulley fairly common to fail on these? And if so which one usually goes? It’s on 98,000 miles
Aux belt pulls can fail which then usually feeds the aux belt into the timing belt and kills the engine. When were the belts last changed?

Aux belt pulls can fail which then usually feeds the aux belt into the timing belt and kills the engine. When were the belts last changed?
The timing belt was changed at 55k and then 86k so that’s all good but the aux belt I have no receipts of changing that ever. It seems to have quite a lot of grease on it too?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The timing belt was changed at 55k and then 86k so that’s all good but the aux belt I have no receipts of changing that ever. It seems to have quite a lot of grease on it too?
How long ago was the last belt change? They are 5 year interval for the timing belt. Grease on the belt can't be a good thing. I'm guessing the cars new to you? Maybe someone tried to cure the squeak with a dob of grease?

How long ago was the last belt change? They are 5 year interval for the timing belt. Grease on the belt can't be a good thing. I'm guessing the cars new to you? Maybe someone tried to cure the squeak with a dob of grease?
2018 for the timing belt. Yeah the car is pretty new to me. What do you suggest I do?

See if you can pinpoint what's making the noise first.
Is it fine to have this little port completely blanked off under the inlet?

Attachments

• 870796D0-7188-406B-B476-17DA55146819.jpeg
    870796D0-7188-406B-B476-17DA55146819.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 55

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The blue bung is just blocking the carbon canister pipework which does not usually cause an issue, assuming its clipped on/not leaking.

Check the exhaust is not blowing

The blue bung is just blocking the carbon canister pipework which does not usually cause an issue, assuming its clipped on/not leaking.

Check the exhaust is not blowing
Yeah I’ve just had the manifold off, fitted decat and new induction kit and that’s not solved it unfortunately. I think it could be the crank pulley.