ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strange noise question??

Suzuki SV1000S
Ok it is coming from the offside front wheels area - gets worse when I go round right hand corners - Garage has checked bearings, brakes, wishbones etc and all fine (now anyway lol) - noise still there - sounds a bit like ribbing or wind.. any ideas?

2nd thoughts... that was the nopise from the back! the noise from the front was from my brake discs.. i had some OMP performance discs and for some reason they were causing horrible noises (thought my wheels were rubbing!) changed them too standards and the noise went!

Suzuki SV1000S
mmm Could be that as got louder when I put new pads on - so may the discs are just rough or something - maybe it needs a good track day to wear them down a little hehe

Renault Clio 16v
I have a grinding noise coming from my n/s wheel which can be heard when turning left and no one seems to know what it is!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
  320d
Is it defo just on the offside or could it be on both its just hte offside is within earshot when driving?

Performance pads do squeek although you did say it wasn't the brake set-up

Suzuki SV1000S
No it is def the offside as I have had too passengers agree with me - Is very strange.

Even the garage had a look at it and couldn't see anything wrong.

Over christmas I thought I has sorted it when I noticed that the ABS sensor cable was rubbing on the inside of the wheel so I have moved that out of the way and the noise is quieter but still there.

Also have checked the whole wheel arch liner and arch for rubbing and can't see anything

Only thing I can think of is that the wheel is rubbing on the strut but there are no marks on the strut so can't be that..

I even got the garage to change the strut mounts (or whatever the rubber bit is) as they said it would need replacing soon so just got them to do it so they could check the susp at the same time.

It is very strange and they say they can't find anything but it is quite annoying..

Suzuki SV1000S
Well there was some rubbing on the inside of the tyre but that was the abs sensor cable which is now moved..? If it was rubbing on the strut is it possible to fit spacers on the front without it rubbing on the inner arch?

Suzuki SV1000S
I have fitted the spacers and the noise is still there - But it isn't rubbing I have discovered.

When I jacked the car up I left the engine running to warm it up a bit as I was going out.

When I jacked up the near side all was well - BUT when I jacked up the off side (the side the noise is coming from) the wheel started spinning - mmm what do you think?? anyone.